Contributions shallbe submitted in English.The mandatory oral presentation must be held in Englishas well. Forum Media Technology allows submissions in three categories:
- Full Paper: Full papers should report substantial, completed, and previously unpublished research. The length limitation is 5 to 8 pages excluding references in the FMT conference paper format.
- Short Paper & Demo: Short papers are appropriate for reporting smaller experiments, surveys, on-going work, and late-breaking results. Demos cover demonstrations of prototypes, innovative tools, and services. The maximum length is 4 pages excluding references in the FMT conference paper format.
- Graduate Consortium: The FMT 2018 Graduate Consortium is intended to provide an opportunity for graduate and doctoral students to explore, discuss and develop their research topics in an interdisciplinary workshop under the guidance of a panel of distinguished researchers. We invite students to apply for this unique opportunity to share their work with colleagues and researchers in the field. Candidates for the Graduate Consortium should have a clear topic and research approach. Their work should be still in progress and allow for making changes, so that applicants can benefit from the feedback by the consortium. Accepted proposals will be presented in a one-minute elevator statement to the audience and then discussed in detail in smaller individual discussion groups.
Paper submission and review guidelines
- Template: http://bit.ly/fmt2018template
- Online Submission: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/FMT2018/
- All contributions will be reviewed in a double-blind process, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. Please be sure your name and affiliation do not appear on your initial submission.
Important Dates for Full Papers, Short Papers and Demos:
- Submission: September 16, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: October 17, 2018
- Camera-Ready Version Submission: October 29, 2018
Contributors commit themselves to present their contributions at the 11th Forum Media Technology in St. Pölten, Austria on November 28th or 29th, 2018. All accepted contributions are included in the conference proceedings volume published via the free open-access publication service CEUR-WS, a recognized ISSN publication series (ISSN 1613-0073). The copyright of the published work remains exclusively with the authors.
Graduate Consortium Submission Guideline
- Template: There is no mandatory format for submissions to the Graduate Consortium. Contributions should summarize the thesis topic, state research questions or hypothesis and unveil the scientific methods used in the thesis. A total length of 2-3 pages should be sufficient.
- Email Submission: email@example.com
- Contributions to the Graduate Consortium should not be anonymized. Papers will be selected by the Graduate Consortium Committee.
Important Dates for Graduate Consortium:
- Submission: November 4, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: November 13, 2018